March 18, 2017

New spring time additions to the garden ~

It seems like every time I go to the Spring Obsession or Fall Extravaganza, I find myself saying, "There just doesn't seem to be as many vendors as last time."  Of course every time I go, my garden is even more full than the time before, so I don't really need much.  This year I only found two plants to add to my garden.  However, I found a number of garden art pieces on Wayfair that I just had to have!  😀

I love this piece.   When Charlie (Jr.) was little, he had a playmate that he played with for the first 4-5 years of his life (until we moved) ~ her name was Sarah.  They played together most days of the week and more often than not, when he saw her, he would give her a big hug and a kiss ~ usually knocking her down in the process.  I doubt he even remembers it, but I'll never forget . . . so cute.


These are a couple of other additions - I bought two different fire hydrants  ~ a shout out for the dogs.  Of course they're girls and wouldn't ever use it, but I thought they were cute.  Plus they add a little color to the garden.


And I didn't want to discriminate against my neighbor's cat who calls our front porch home .  . so I added the piece on the left.  Kind of looks like a raccoon, but it really is a cat - and that plant it's next to is a jasmine plant I bought at the spring fest.  The pic on the right is a photo of a new bird bath/feeder (not really sure what I'll use it for) sitting next to the second plant I bought - a purple firespike.  I have a few red ones and the hummers love them so I was happy to find this one (and they only had one which is why I always go early - like right when they open!).  😁


And lastly, this guy - I bought him at the spring fest - not Wayfair.  He's made the same way my see-saw dogs are made.  I like him and he is a colorful addition to the garden as well.

And that's it.  I'm pretty much done with the garden as far as garden art goes.  Well - plants too.  I forgot to take a picture, but I also added a large gardenia bush (I'm known to kill these too).  But it's by far my favorite scented flower so I'm giving it another whirl.

Now as spring approaches,  it just a matter of maintenance, maintenance and more maintenance.  I am working in the veggie garden though, but I'll save that for another post.

May you find a little joy in every single day,
eli

"I think that no matter how old or infirm I may become, I will always plant a large garden in the spring. Who can resist the feelings of hope and joy that one gets from participating in nature’s rebirth?"  ~Edward Giobbi


2 comments:

  1. Hi Eli, You have found a bunch of goodies. That's a cute story (and statue) about your son when he was little. Luv the colorful frog. Garden art is almost as fun as plants. I have a weakness for it and certainly don't need anymore but always find something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! And the story that goes with the first statue was priceless.
    I know how hard it is to restrain oneself at the Spring Obsession. So many wonderful treasures!
    Hope you stay toasty this week!

    ReplyDelete